Uniform circular motion equation

In summary: T is varied, a doesn't change)b is a function of T and m, but is a constant if T and m are fixed (i.e. if r is varied, b doesn't change)c is a function of T and r, but is a constant if T and r are fixed (i.e. if m is varied, c doesn't change)so if T, r, and m are all varied together, ω must be equal to some constant times T, r, and m. Thus, ω = kT/rm, where k is a constant. Does that make sense?In summary, the conversation discusses the results from a lab where it was determined that the force of
HelloMotto
ok so we did a lab. By looking at the graph, we determined that

force of tension is proportional to frequency of revolution
radius is indirectly proportional to the frequency of revolution
mass is indirectly proportional to the frequency of revolution

the next part of the question is

"combine the three results to obtain a equation for the frequency in terms of the tension, the radians, and the mass."

My group and I have no clue how to combine the 3 relationships to form one equation for frequency. Please help me out if you can please

Physics news on Phys.org
HelloMotto said:
My group and I have no clue how to combine the 3 relationships to form one equation for frequency. Please help me out if you can please

Hello HelloMotto! :smile:

(i think you mean "inversely proportional" :wink:)

ω = aT, where a depends on r and m

ω = b/r, where b depends on T and m

ω = c/m, where c depends on T and r

so ω = … ? :smile:

tiny-tim said:
Hello HelloMotto! :smile:

(i think you mean "inversely proportional" :wink:)

ω = aT, where a depends on r and m

ω = b/r, where b depends on T and m

ω = c/m, where c depends on T and r

so ω = … ? :smile:

I don't understand :-(

HelloMotto said:
I don't understand :-(

you don't understand what? :confused:

T is tension, r is radius, m is mass, ω is frequency,

a is a function of r and m, but is a constant if r and m are fixed

What is the formula for uniform circular motion?

The formula for uniform circular motion is v = (2πr)/T, where v is the linear velocity, r is the radius of the circular path, and T is the time it takes to complete one revolution.

What is the difference between linear and angular velocity?

Linear velocity refers to the speed at which an object is moving in a straight line. Angular velocity, on the other hand, refers to the speed at which an object is rotating or moving in a circular path.

What is centripetal force?

Centripetal force is the force that keeps an object moving in a circular path. It acts towards the center of the circle and is equal to the mass of the object multiplied by its centripetal acceleration.

What is the relationship between centripetal force and velocity?

The relationship between centripetal force and velocity is that as the velocity of an object increases, the centripetal force required to keep it in a circular path also increases. This means that a higher velocity will require a stronger centripetal force.

How does radius affect uniform circular motion?

The radius of the circular path has a direct impact on the speed and acceleration of an object in uniform circular motion. A larger radius will result in a higher linear speed and a smaller centripetal acceleration, while a smaller radius will result in a lower linear speed and a larger centripetal acceleration.