1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Uniform Circular Motion extended response

1. Jun 15, 2013 #1
    This began as homework that our Physics teacher set us. However, for some reason he decided no to collect it. I am curious as to whether or not this display my understanding of the topic well as communication is main area my teacher believes I need improvement in.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Write a response of the appropriate format discussing:
    - Existence and properties of centripetal acceleration
    - Cause(s) of centripetal acceleration
    - 4 examples of circular motion (must have 3 different forces)

2. Relevant equations
    Δv=s/t, Δa=v/t, F=ma, a=v^2/r, F=mv^2/r

These are the only relevant equations I am aware of, however, I don't doubt there are much more and if possible please comment them

3. The attempt at a solution
    Attached is my response.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 16, 2013 #2

BruceW

Homework Helper

hi, welcome to physicsforums!
    Your response looks pretty good to me. It explains the concept in a fairly clear way, and you gave some nice examples. It looks like you showed that you understand the physics pretty well. There is more (slightly more advanced physics) related to circular motion that you could have talked about. But I am guessing that this response was meant to be about the basics of circular motion, and I think you do explain that pretty well.

4. Jun 17, 2013 #3
    Thanks BruceW,
    Your right in saying it was the basics of circular motion as this is my first year of high school physics, however, I am curious about the more advanced side of circular motion (or any kind of mechanics in general, as I am aspiring to become an aeronautical or aerospace engineer). If you or anyone else who is reading this would be able to explain it to me, or even provide me with some resources that would be great :).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted