Uninterested in my research how do I handle it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Physics_UG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Research
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Physics_UG
Gold Member
Messages
287
Reaction score
2
So I have been in an EE PhD program for about 7 months and I am feeling uninterested in my current research field. I think I could be much more productive if I had a passion for my research. I am considering switching research groups. How should I go about this in a tactful way without losing funding or getting my advisor upset? Should I bring my concerns to my advisor's attention now or should I find a different professor first and then talk to my current advisor? How do you think I should handle this difficult situation?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks but I'd prefer to stay within the realm of EE.
 
Don't worry about 'upsetting' people. If you're not happy, then chat to your supervisor about it.