University of Hawaii physics PhD-neutrino physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
ope211
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Was wondering if anyone could give me some stats about the University of Hawaii. I'm tentatively looking at them for particle astrophysics or neutrino physics. Anyone know what the acceptance rate is/how hard it is to get in? Any reviews of the school? Should ranking concern me? They seem to do interesting work there.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ope211 said:
Was wondering if anyone could give me some stats about the University of Hawaii. I'm tentatively looking at them for particle astrophysics or neutrino physics. Anyone know what the acceptance rate is/how hard it is to get in? Any reviews of the school? Should ranking concern me? They seem to do interesting work there.

They do have a good neutrino program there. Grad or undergrad?
 
Grad. They're definitely involved in a lot of experiments I'm interested in.
 
ope211 said:
Grad. They're definitely involved in a lot of experiments I'm interested in.
Grad school - as I suspected. I know a little bit about John Learned and have heard only good things about their programs http://www.phys.hawaii.edu/~jgl/nuastron.html

Isn't grad school all about applying to programs that mesh with your research interests?