1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

University of Toronto and university of British Columbia

Tags:
  1. Sep 27, 2015 #1
    I was wondering if anyone can tell me what are my chances for university of Toronto and university of British Columbia
    I am indian student with 12th standard percentage of 94%(maths 95/100 and physics 93/100)
    and i have other core extra curricular activities and I am member of 2 NGOs
    my SAT score-2150
    maths level 2-800
    physics-800

any help appriciated
    thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2015 #2
    Have you emailed them for rough acceptance requirements?

4. Sep 27, 2015 #3
    i didn't get what are trying to say.
    can u please elaborate

5. Sep 27, 2015 #4
    They have admissions advisors that might be able to tell you minimum requirements for acceptance

6. Sep 27, 2015 #5
    University of British Columbia has cut-off of 74% in 12th standard for indian students and i am also qualified for other requirements as well .(same goes for university of Toronto)
    What I want to know is that on UBC site there was no information about minimum SAT score requirements so on the basis of information provided what are the chances and please tell if the universities(UBC AND Uof-T) are good for physics and maths major .

7. Sep 29, 2015 #6

klotza

Gold Member

I'm somewhat familiar with the Canadian system and based on your grades I think your chances are good; it would help a lot if A. you had a professor lined up who wants to work with you and B. you had scholarships from the Indian granting agencies.

8. Sep 29, 2015 #7
    th
    thanks a lot for the information .

9. Sep 29, 2015 #8

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I think the OP is interested in undergraduate admissions, where finding a professor to work with him or her won't matter.

Based on those grades, admission likely won't be an issue, but your best bet is to contact the university for a more specific answer. In Canada there are also requirements about the high school courses that one has to have taken for undergraduate admissions. For example, it's quite common that one has to take 12 grade English (for Canadian students), even if you're applying to a physics program.

In fact, once your high school grades get into the mid 90s, it's possible to get an academic scholarship. So it would also be worth looking into that.

10. Sep 29, 2015 #9
    For US Students they are strict on the HS curriculum as well - could not get in because our HS was Block scheduled, and they wanted 2 full years of Physics and Chem.. our HS does not have that many !

11. Sep 29, 2015 #10
    In India you don't have any option to chose any other subject other subject and reject other you just have to do it .But in 11th standard we do get a chance to choose between commerce or science field (thank god ).so i can't do anything about it ,what i can do is hope they know everything about indian curriculum

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook