Unreadable English Wikipedia on Chrome: Browser Extension for Solution?

In summary, the English Wikipedia page changed from using "displaystyle" to "$" which caused unreadability on Chrome. The speaker is looking for a browser extension to solve the problem. They later mention having issues with their firewall, but were able to solve it by resetting their Chrome settings.
fresh_42
Mentor
Insights Author
2023 Award
The English Wikipedia page seemingly changed from using "displaystyle" to "$" with the consequence that I can't use it anymore on Chrome. It is simply unreadable. Does anyone know a good browser extension to solve the problem?

Computer science news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
The English Wikipedia page seemingly changed from using "displaystyle" to "$" with the consequence that I can't use it anymore on Chrome. It is simply unreadable. Does anyone know a good browser extension to solve the problem?
I don't understand, can you provide a link and a screenshot?

pbuk said:
I don't understand, can you provide a link and a screenshot?
As soon as I can load it at all. I tried an extension and it seems it blocked access, even after deinstallation. English is now the only language version I have no access to.

I solved the problem with a reset of the Chrome settings. It was apparently a firewall issue. I can read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page if I shut off my firewall, but only then. Strange, since all other language versions work.

Thanks.

1. What is the purpose of the "Unreadable English Wikipedia on Chrome" browser extension?

The purpose of this browser extension is to provide a solution for users who are having trouble reading English Wikipedia articles on their Chrome browser.

2. How does the "Unreadable English Wikipedia on Chrome" extension work?

The extension works by converting the text on Wikipedia articles into a more readable format, making it easier for users to understand and comprehend the information.

3. Is the "Unreadable English Wikipedia on Chrome" extension free to use?

Yes, the extension is completely free to use and can be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store.

4. Can the extension be used on other browsers besides Chrome?

No, currently the "Unreadable English Wikipedia on Chrome" extension is only available for use on the Chrome browser.

5. Will the extension work on all Wikipedia articles?

The extension should work on the majority of Wikipedia articles, but there may be some cases where the formatting cannot be fully corrected. If this occurs, please report the issue to the extension developer.