Uploading a picture in a private message to a member

• Thread starter tim9000
  • Start date
In summary, to upload a picture in a private message, click on the attachment icon and select the desired picture from your computer or device. Multiple pictures can be uploaded by selecting them before clicking "Upload". There is usually a size limit of around 25MB for pictures in private messages. The ability to send a private message with a picture to multiple members depends on the messaging platform. Pictures can be removed or deleted from a private message, either by the sender or recipient.
tim9000
I have been told that there is an "UPLOAD" button with the "POST REPLY" button in the private messages, however mine has no such button.
Is this as intended?
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you post a screenshot? The UPLOAD button is there, at least in what I see.

Untitled-1.png

It is a gold membership feature, see our list.

That's fair enough I suppose, the gold members I know deserve it.

Likes berkeman

1. How do I upload a picture in a private message to a member?

To upload a picture in a private message, simply click on the attachment icon (usually a paperclip or camera icon) in the message composition box. Then, select the desired picture from your computer or device and click "Upload". The picture will then be attached to your message.

2. Can I upload multiple pictures in a private message?

Yes, you can upload multiple pictures in a private message by clicking on the attachment icon and selecting multiple pictures from your computer or device. Some messaging platforms may have a limit on the number of attachments per message.

3. Is there a size limit for pictures in private messages?

Yes, most messaging platforms have a size limit for attachments in private messages. This limit can vary, but it is typically around 25MB. If your picture is larger than the limit, you may need to resize it before uploading.

4. Can I send a private message with a picture to multiple members?

It depends on the messaging platform. Some platforms allow you to send a private message to multiple members, while others only allow one-on-one messaging. If you are not sure, check the platform's guidelines or contact their customer support for more information.

5. Can I remove or delete a picture I uploaded in a private message?

Yes, you can usually remove or delete a picture that you have uploaded in a private message. Simply click on the picture and look for an option to delete or remove it. If you are unable to do so, you can also ask the recipient of the message to delete the picture from their end.