Use just the video ID, not the whole url

• Thread starter Moridin
  • Start date
In summary, a video ID is a unique identifier assigned to videos on a video sharing platform. It can be found in the URL of the video and is used for sharing and embedding purposes. The video ID cannot be changed, but the details of the video can be edited on the platform. Video IDs are unique to each platform and cannot be used on different platforms.
Moridin
nhXChbYFh9c[/youtube] ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Thanks! :biggrin:

1. What is a video ID?

A video ID is a unique identifier that is assigned to each video uploaded to a video sharing platform, such as YouTube. It is used to identify and differentiate between different videos on the platform.

2. How do I find the video ID?

The video ID can usually be found in the URL of the video. It is a combination of letters and numbers that comes after the "v=" in the URL. For example, in the URL "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qap5aO4i9A", the video ID is "5qap5aO4i9A".

3. Why do I need to use just the video ID?

Using just the video ID allows you to easily share the video with others without sharing the entire URL. It also makes it easier to embed the video on a website or social media platform.

4. Can I change the video ID?

No, the video ID is automatically generated by the video sharing platform and cannot be changed. However, you can change the title and other details of the video on the platform.

5. Are video IDs unique to each video sharing platform?

Yes, video IDs are unique to each platform and cannot be used interchangeably. This means that a video ID from YouTube cannot be used on a different platform, such as Vimeo.