Valentines day, the true meaning of love

• Thread starter Destiny153
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
The one by the 'magnets' or who ever it is sounds really out of tune.
LOL. I guess if you hadn't heard the real version first...

Stephin Merrit sings it with passion and his unmistakeable style and deep voice (he wrote it),Gabriel sings it like he's on drugs and falling asleep.

I liked the scrubs scenes, but they shouldn't have messed with the original song, talk about screwing something up.

Evo
Mentor
OMG, just listen to how it's supposed to sound. It's light and lilting. Gabriel makes it sound like a meth addict's dirge.

Book of love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox6aHGmfxB8

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, listened to the Stephin Merrit one and it sounds very much like the first one here. Can't say I'm too impressed.

I'd actually say the opposite to you, in that I think this Stephin guy sounds like he's half out of it.

Ah well...

I always get my wife a box of chocolates with nuts. She always lets me have a few.

Evo
Mentor
I always get my wife a box of chocolates with nuts. She always lets me have a few.
We have a lot of nuts here, I don't know that I'd let them in my home even if they had chocolates.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Let's see. I dated this girl for a couple of years when she was only 17 years old. We never considered marriage but I have always considered her to be my valentine. Now she's 55 and we love spending time together. As a matter of fact, I visited her this morning and gave her a big box of chocolates.

She's such a good friend. That's what valentines day is for.

Evo
Mentor
Ooh BobG, what about this one? Unfortunately because their songs are meant to be tongue in cheek, most can't be posted here due to language. I feel sorry for the people that don't know or understand The Magnetic Fields intentions. They're not supposed to be a band to last, they're part of Stephin's musical adventure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0YZzL8KCI&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0YZzL8KCI

A thread about valentines and things people do, and you write "what about this one?" with a big picture of 69 underneath. :rofl:

turbo
Gold Member
I proposed to my wife in a hand-made card that I created for Valentine's day. We were married exactly 2 weeks later in a private ceremony in our apartment. JoP was a common friend, and the other two participants were our closest friends. 4 people in jeans and T-s (the JoP wore a nice business skirt-suit) and a bottle of not-bad bubbly brought by my best man.

36 years this month - I think we're keeping each other.

I proposed to my wife in a hand-made card that I created for Valentine's day. We were married exactly 2 weeks later in a private ceremony in our apartment. JoP was a common friend, and the other two participants were our closest friends. 4 people in jeans and T-s (the JoP wore a nice business skirt-suit) and a bottle of not-bad bubbly brought by my best man.

36 years this month - I think we're keeping each other.
You should put a picture of your hand made card here :smile:

turbo
Gold Member
You should put a picture of your hand made card here :smile:
I might dig it out. It's in my wife's box of "treasures" locked away in our fireproof Mosler safe. It's a very simple card, graphically, with a big India-ink and watercolor heart. It's the words inside that melted her.

I might dig it out. It's in my wife's box of "treasures" locked away in our fireproof Mosler safe. It's a very simple card, graphically, with a big India-ink and watercolor heart. It's the words inside that melted her.
I believe you mentioned that card and the box many other times but never really went into deep details like content.

turbo
Gold Member
I believe you mentioned that card and the box many other times but never really went into deep details like content.
That box also contains a card and envelope by Borek. He addressed the envelope to me "East of the Kennebec River". My niece is the rural mail carrier, and we all had a laugh about that. There is NO way that she would fail to deliver that card just because it didn't have a street address or box number.

The treasure box also contains "Mother's Day" cards that I made for my wife, "signed" by our tribe of ferrets. I tried to make them funny, with references to the weasels having to watch out for her big feet and other stuff. Hallmark can't pull off that kind of stuff, and they want too much money for their cards anyway. Got art supplies, paper, computer, printer....? With a little thought, you can come up with home-made cards that hit a home run.

rhody
Gold Member
Evo,

I just blew my mind I started the first video in posts 16, 17 , and 18 with a five second delay between, 16, 17, and 18 and I am still sitting here twitching from it.

Holy crap, does that mess with your mind, try it and see for yourself, especially with the video from #18. I feel like someone who just came back from a bad acid trip.

Rhody... head still spinning... :eek:

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
A thread about valentines and things people do, and you write "what about this one?" with a big picture of 69 underneath. :rofl:
No, look again. It's meaningless 69.

The name of the CD set is 69 Love Songs. That's why it's a 3 CD set. (And, yes, when you sit down and write that many love songs - Some of it is just transcendental; Some of it is just really dumb.)

Evo
Mentor
Some of it is just transcendental; Some of it is just really dumb.)
BobG, you are so cool. :!!)

No, look again. It's meaningless 69.

The name of the CD set is 69 Love Songs.
69 Love Songs, what a perfect number to land on given the subject matter, it's as if they planned it! :rolleyes:

Brings things nicely round to the Chi thread and suggestive wording...

And well played there at the end Mr G.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
BobG, you are so cool. :!!)
Yes, I know, but I can't help it.

I wish I could tell you what I think about you.

fccvalentine_custom.jpg

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper