Velocity and kinetic energy of moving block

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
lbcc
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by lbcc
okay,
so there's a 10 kg block with four different forces acting upon it:
vertical forces of 50N each
and horizontal forces of 20N and 50N.

After 5 seconds, how fast is this block moving?
and what is the Kinetic Energy of the block after 5 seconds?

if you could give me the equations I would use to figure these out that would be great..
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ok, you have two horizontal forces (I guess they point in opposite directions). From that you can get the resultant force and then use Newtons 2nd law. Knowing initial velocity (I assume the block starts at rest) and the time you can find out the final velocity. And surely you know the equation for kinetic energy?