Velocity to Distance Time Graph?

In summary, a velocity to distance time graph is a visual representation of an object's velocity over time. To plot this graph, one must record the time and velocity data of the object and plot them on the respective axes. A straight line on this graph indicates constant velocity, with steeper lines indicating higher velocity and flatter lines indicating slower velocity. The distance traveled can be calculated by finding the area under the graph or using the formula distance = velocity x time. The acceleration of an object can be determined by calculating the slope of the graph or using the formula acceleration = change in velocity / change in time.
kencamarador
I know how to do it but how come after I translate a velocity time graph to a position time graph then reverse it to see if my answer is correct. It doesn't look like the original?

Like I am given a Position time graph. I translated it to Velocity. Then I try to translate back to position but it gives me a different graph results.

Physics news on Phys.org
What exactly did you do?

1. What is a velocity to distance time graph?

A velocity to distance time graph is a graphical representation of an object's velocity over time. The slope of the graph represents the object's velocity, and the area under the graph represents the distance traveled by the object.

2. How do you plot a velocity to distance time graph?

To plot a velocity to distance time graph, you first need to record the time and velocity data for the object. Then, you can plot the velocity on the y-axis and the time on the x-axis. The resulting graph will show how the object's velocity changes over time.

3. What does a straight line on a velocity to distance time graph indicate?

A straight line on a velocity to distance time graph indicates that the object is moving at a constant velocity. The steeper the line, the greater the velocity, and the flatter the line, the slower the velocity.

4. How can you calculate the distance traveled from a velocity to distance time graph?

The distance traveled can be calculated by finding the area under the velocity to distance time graph. This can be done by dividing the graph into smaller rectangles and adding the areas of each rectangle together. Alternatively, you can use the formula distance = velocity x time.

5. How can you determine the acceleration of an object from a velocity to distance time graph?

The acceleration of an object can be determined by calculating the slope of the velocity to distance time graph. The steeper the slope, the greater the acceleration, and the flatter the slope, the slower the acceleration. Alternatively, you can use the formula acceleration = change in velocity / change in time.