Venting while I wait. Fedora linux fedup to Fedora 21

• Thread starter Doug Huffman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Linux
In summary, "Venting while I wait" is a process used during an upgrade from Fedora Linux to Fedora 21 using the fedup tool, allowing users to express their frustrations while waiting for the process to complete. To use fedup for the upgrade, open a terminal and enter the command "sudo fedup-cli --network 21" and follow the prompts. It is not recommended to use your computer while the upgrade is in progress, and the time it takes to complete can vary. If the upgrade fails, you can generate a log file using the command "sudo fedup-cli --network 21 --debuglog=fedupdebug.log" and seek help from the Fedora community or technical support.
Doug Huffman
Gold Member
Early this AM I ran fedup with version 0.9.0 r2.fc20, the latest. It ended with a number of unresolved dependencies related to kernel and kmod-nvidia video driver. OK, I waited until 1800 CST and ran yum to hopefully resolve the dependencies. Good, they were probably resolved, I haven't compared the files manually yet. But FEDUP 0.9.1-1fc20 also arrived! Darn.

So now I'm waiting on the gurus to tell me what to do when THEY change horses in mid-stream literally. Arrrgh! I have already had one glass of wine before supper, but I sure want another one.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Ubuntu!

1. What is "Venting while I wait"?

"Venting while I wait" is a process used when upgrading from Fedora Linux to Fedora 21 using the fedup tool. It allows users to communicate their frustrations or concerns while waiting for the upgrade process to complete.

2. How do I use fedup to upgrade to Fedora 21?

To use fedup for the upgrade process, you need to open a terminal and type in the command "sudo fedup-cli --network 21" and follow the prompts. This will download and install all necessary packages for the upgrade.

3. Can I continue using my computer while the upgrade is in progress?

No, it is not recommended to use your computer while the upgrade is in progress. It is best to let the process complete without any interruptions to avoid any potential issues.

4. How long does the upgrade process usually take?

The time it takes for the upgrade process to complete can vary depending on the speed of your internet connection and the specifications of your computer. On average, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours.

5. What should I do if the upgrade process fails?

If the upgrade process fails, you can try running the command "sudo fedup-cli --network 21 --debuglog=fedupdebug.log" to generate a log file with more information about the failure. You can then seek help from the Fedora community or contact technical support for further assistance.

Back