1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Very bad sophomore year for an EE major

1. Apr 30, 2007 #1
    Right now I am doing very bad in a few courses, ones that count too.

I failed Hon. Calc 3 last semester and now I am failing two more courses, Circuit Theory II and Logic Works this semester.

I am going to end up deleting these grades and retaking them. I know that I can get atleast a B and probably even an A when I retake all three of these courses.

Lately, I have just been very stressed out about many things.

My question is how bad does it look to employers and a Masters application if one repeats a few failed courses but ends up doing very well after the repeats?

How worried should I be?
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2007 #2
    I'd be more worried that you can't spell "sophomore".
  4. Apr 30, 2007 #3
    Thats why they have spell check!

I'm a horriable speller, but it doesn't stop me. <--look at that spelled horiable worng twice oh noes hah.

Before typing an e-mail or sending a message to someone important spell check it.

So you can get an F in a course, and retake that course and the F is deleted off your transcript? Or are you saying your going to drop the course then retake?
  5. Apr 30, 2007 #4
    The F stays on the transcript, it just wont count towards the GPA.

Lets assume I end up with a 3.5 GPA after I graduate with a Masters (they have a 5 year program).

The only flaw on the transcript is this sophomore year which shows me getting the few Fs but right next to it is the A or B that I get after the repeat.
  6. Apr 30, 2007 #5
    God i wish my school had that!

I really don't have any advice though because i'm not sure how hard it is to get into a school to get your masters. Nor do I know what employers think. But from my experience at a job interview, they just look at the GPA on your resume later they will look at your transcripts but by then your already very far in the interviewing process and I doubt they would care but who knows.
  7. Apr 30, 2007 #6
    Thankyou for your input. You have relieved my worries somewhat and I will be able to sleep tonight. :)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?