Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vibrational/Acoustic Loading Spacecraft

1. Sep 29, 2014 #1
    Hi guys,

I got the following question. I am designing a spacecraft for a mercury mission, my task in the process is designing the structure of the spacecraft. I'm in the desining process but struggeling with the effects of the vibrational loads during launch. I've analysed the (quasi)static loading and the pressure loading but now i'm looking for a way how to translate the (random)-vibrations in to accelerations/loads experiences by the spacecraft. First I was trying via Accelerational Spectral Density but unfortunatly these data are not available for the Delta-IV launcher, which i'm designing for. The data I have are decibel by frequency graphs but i'm struggling with finding a way to translate this information to useable loads/accelerations.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Nov 1, 2014 #3
    Sounds like a big and pretty complex research project by itself. A drawing with some explanations would be helpful.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook