1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Volume of a solid limited by two paraboloids

1. Mar 17, 2010 #1
    Volume of a solid limited by these two paraboloids z=[tex]2x^2{}[/tex]+[tex]y^2{}[/tex] and z=12-[tex]x^2{}[/tex]-[tex]2y^2{}[/tex]

hi can someone help me? I tried to solve this and my solution was [tex]\ 24[/tex][tex]\Pi[/tex] is it correct? can someone solve this step by step?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2010 #2

jav

I am assuming you are in calculus. In this case you would find the intersection of these two functions, and integrate the difference of the two functions over the areas.

4. Mar 17, 2010 #3

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

How did you get your result of 24 pi? Show us what you did and we'll help you with it.

BTW, you should have posted this in the Calculus & Beyond section, not the Precalculus Math section.

5. Mar 17, 2010 #4
    yeah i know... i realized too late :P i hope someone move this thread to that section
    look this is what i did

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2806/volt.th.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Mar 17, 2010 #5

jav

Looks good to me

7. Mar 18, 2010 #6
    you say so? i'm glad then... i thought it was wrong
    thanks you guys :)

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook