Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Walmart will exchange gift cards from 200 other retailers

1. Dec 26, 2014 #1
    There have been several other smaller companies doing this for a few years now. It looks like Walmart is getting into it big time. I checked and my $100 Home Depot card is worth $87 at Walmart. How can I resist a deal kike that?

http://www.wral.com/walmart-offering-gift-card-exchange-option-starting-12-25/14306280/

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2014 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I expect to see a pic of some gizmo you've made from your card purchases. :cool:

4. Dec 26, 2014 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Weird, but I guess taking a loss might make sense if you either have no use for the other retailer's merchandise, or you save enough on something at Walmart to make up for the loss. I'm careful shopping at Walmart, a lot of their products cost more than at other stores, and I am talking everyday prices, not a sale, but they carry products I like that other stores don't carry. Oddly, Walmart carries more high quality and gourmet foods than even the high end overpriced store here.

5. Dec 26, 2014 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep. For me, it's the Wright thick Smoked Bacon.

6. Dec 26, 2014 #5

Evo

Ooh, I'll have to check that out.

7. Dec 26, 2014 #6

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The "Zip-Lock" packaging is a plus.

8. Dec 26, 2014 #7
    Just hang out in Home Depot and sell it to someone buying a lot for $95. Let them come with you while an employee verifies the amount on the card or something. Don't just give Wal-Mart $13 so easily.

9. Dec 26, 2014 #8

Evo

Ooh, I've never understood the bad packaging of bacon.

10. Dec 26, 2014 #9

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Me either. What a mess.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook