Want to See Marlon's Short Movie?

  • Thread starter Thread starter marlon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movie Short
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 5K views
To anyone who is having trouble with quicktime, check out quicktime alternative.

You don't have to install all that apple crap on your computer. You can also download the entire quicktime file to your computer and watch it full screen with the media player it comes with. The standard quicktime doesn't allow you to do this,
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

Marlon:
Good stuff man. I like your acting. I especially enjoyed the part, where the chick says "it's better this way", it starts a slow fade, and shows your face. You portray sorrow, distance, shock, and then it repeats the "it's better this way" (not much of fan of this part, I think you showed more emotion here than having that repeat... but hey, I'm not a director so...) and your eyes dart a bit. It looked good. It didn't look like a cheesy student production.

In fact the production quality in general was very nice. Seems like they have a nice camera. I definitely dig the widescreen (was it cropped to this, or shot this way). But most importantly, there is good sound quality. That's usually the downfall for student work. Anyways, it was cool man. You seem like you would be good in a "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" type movie.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
FrogPad said:
Marlon:
Good stuff man. I like your acting. I especially enjoyed the part, where the chick says "it's better this way", it starts a slow fade, and shows your face. You portray sorrow, distance, shock, and then it repeats the "it's better this way" (not much of fan of this part, I think you showed more emotion here than having that repeat... but hey, I'm not a director so...) and your eyes dart a bit. It looked good. It didn't look like a cheesy student production.
Thanks man, i appreciate that.

In fact the production quality in general was very nice. Seems like they have a nice camera. I definitely dig the widescreen (was it cropped to this, or shot this way). But most importantly, there is good sound quality. That's usually the downfall for student work. Anyways, it was cool man. You seem like you would be good in a "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" type movie.
I don't really know which camera they used but it was very expensive :smile:. No no, really it was. Indeed you are also right about the sound being a very dangerous topic for student movies. I have had many problems with that in other films. Obviously, i am not showing those because they suck. :)

The movie was shot in widescreen, that i know.

Thanks again man

marlon
 
Dimitri Terryn said:
Good news! Keep up the good work and let us know about it :biggrin:
Thanks

I will let you know the result of the contest.

marlon