Want to See Marlon's Short Movie?

  • Thread starter Thread starter marlon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movie Short
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 5K views
marlon
Messages
3,779
Reaction score
11
Hey guys,

Since i all know i am going to be a "star actor" (please no laughing now). I give you this link of a movie in which i played. It is made by students from Sint Lukas in Bruxelles.

Ok, the movie is very short and it is in Dutch but i think that the plot should be clear if you watch it all the way through.

You need Quicktime to view it and i suggest that you download the picture first (right mouseclick on the link and then click on "save target as"). Then you can look at it in full screen. Sometimes the images are a bit dark so you need to adapt the brightness of your monitor.

So, sit back, relax and enjoy this piece of art this evening, together with your boy/girlfriend(s).

I am the guy you see in the opening scene
The girl with the nice curly hair is my girlfriend :)

www.lostwoodsfilms.com/video/lostwoodsremembrance.mov[/URL]

regards

marlon, future academy award winner


PS : AND YES, Germany is going to win the world cup and Argentine will beat Holland tonight with 2 to 0
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice job Nick. It was well made, though a bit overtly dramatic. I gathered it was about someones death. My Dutch is a bit rusty as it is non-existent (sounded similar to German). I picked up on the symbolism of the posters during the one sceen. First the man with his arms out, then the playboy bunny. That was clever.

Anyways, nice job...can I get your autograph? :smile:
 
Wow! I wasn't expecting it to look so professional. I was expecting a home movie like the mentos and diet coke videos.
 
Ah, I get it. There all dead except for him! Duh...I should have suspected such a movie from you!
 
Evo said:
The link doesn't work for me. :frown:
right-click and select "save target as..."
 
Evo said:
The link doesn't work for me. :frown:

It's loading, it does not stream. Move the cursor to the bottom of the IE, you will see an hour glass as it loads.
 
Oh, it's quick time, I don't use that.
 
what about the symbolism of the Shawshank Redemption and playboy posters? apperantly I'm missing something...
 
yomamma said:
did anyone else not get it?
Ik ken één van beide het geen Nederlands, yomamma. Maar ik denk het iets heeft om iemand te doen het sterven.
Marlon kan u een verbinding met Engelse ondertitels alstublieft posten maar leet ook zou werken.?
 
I want to know what everyone is saying! :cry:

Very nice job Marlon. :cool: :cool: :cool:
 
Evo said:
Oh, it's quick time, I don't use that.
well, you can download this software for free from the apple-website or just google for it. This takes only a few minutes.


marlon
 
Astronuc said:
It's also 45.8 MB. :rolleyes:
you don't have to download the entire file. Just click on the link and after a while the movie will start. You need Quicktime to be installed already.

regards

marlon
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Ah, I get it. There all dead except for him!
Correctamundo

Duh...I should have suspected such a movie from you!
:smile:

marlon
 
scott1 said:
Ik ken één van beide het geen Nederlands, yomamma. Maar ik denk het iets heeft om iemand te doen het sterven.
Marlon kan u een verbinding met Engelse ondertitels alstublieft posten maar leet ook zou werken.?
Err, is this supposed to be Dutch ? You used a translation software, right ?

Anyhow, this is just a part of the movie. The entire movie will have subtitles and will appear on the web once all work is over.


marlon
 
yomamma said:
what about the symbolism of the Shawshank Redemption and playboy posters? apperantly I'm missing something...
you only need to focus on me, dammit...

marlon
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I want to know what everyone is saying! :cry:

Very nice job Marlon. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Thanks man, appreciate it.

Now, normally, the version with subtitles will be ready in a few weeks. If i have some extra time, i will translate what is said in this version.

regards

marlon
 
Movie With Subtitles

Ok Guys, I got the movie with English subtitles. Youcan just see it by clicking on the "Remembrance" link in this website. Just chose your language to be English at the beginning.

http://www.lostwoodsfilms.com/

enjoy and let me know your feedback.

marlon brando

ps : again, you need Quicktime which you can download for free from the Apple website. Just google for it.
 
Thanks Evo...appreciate it...

ps : i hope you are not too angry with me, you know because of whether women should rule or not

regards
marlon
 
marlon said:
Thanks Evo...appreciate it...

ps : i hope you are not too angry with me, you know because of whether women should rule or not

regards
marlon
Not at all. :smile:
 
I was!11 not really:-p But don't worry. I'm over it. :smile:
 
Hey Guys, for you who are interested, i have a new shortmovie coming up in a few weeks. I will post the result on YouTube.


regards
marlon
 
Great news guys, the marlon shortmovie Remembrance is selected in the HomeMade filmcompetition in Nijmegen in the Netherlands. Trust me, it is not the biggest film festival but it is a good start. Keep in mind that this movie was just a student movie.

4th of October, they announce the winners in a special show. So let's get them tuxido's and look extra "star-like" :smile:


regards
marlon
 
Good news! Keep up the good work and let us know about it :biggrin: