Was my physics teacher justified in giving me a zero on the test?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Dynamis
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 8K views
Moonbear said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/announcement.php?f=14

:eek:
right after i made that post I realized that i was in here and thought about it for a second :bugeye:
me=stupid :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Dynamis said:
This was situation, in the end, was a good learning experience. The Dean did give me the advice of having to be able to finish tests in time and to revise that part of my test taking skills (his response was pretty similar to some of you guys). I agreed myself, maybe I'll make a thread asking for help sometime in the future. But yeah, thanks for the advice guys, in the end, everything worked out, I guess this whole experience was a testament to the saying; "you live, you learn".

I'm glad things worked out in a way that everyone can agree with and that you've found something positive in the experience. :smile:
 
Moonbear said:
I'm glad things worked out in a way that everyone can agree with and that you've found something positive in the experience. :smile:
I second that. The only thing that I might advise further is to keep an eye out for traps. This guy sounds like a vindictive twit, so he might deliberately try to trick you into getting yourself in trouble. Be on your best behaviour.
 
:biggrin: I am so very pleased that you fought the good fight and won! :biggrin:

I utterly despise injustice from any authority, especially one that is supposed to be serving your best interest. :mad:

Lets review your accomplishments:

1-You bravely stood up to a superior force that had all the advantages on its side.

2-If the dean's decision had gone against you, the repercussions could have made things even worse. Despite this risk, you kept going until justice was served.

3-You established a precedent of sorts. It's highly unlikely that this teacher will try that kind of nonsense again, and highly likely that he would have if you had let him get away with it, not only against you but against other students as well for as long as he works there. Also, word will get around that the dean won't tolerate that from the teachers.

4-You learned something about yourself and your ability to Fight The Power and win! Priceless!

I'm proud of you. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Did you enjoy fighting and winning? Two words: Law School

FIAT JUSTICIA RUAT COELUM
 
Last edited:
Type 7 said:
Did you enjoy fighting and winning? Two words: Law School

FIAT JUSTICIA RUAT COELUM
You must be getting great marks! That's the most eloquent introduction to an commercial I've seen in quite some time. :biggrin:
I agree with your assessment, though.
 
Thank GOD my mom works at the schoolboard. :D

I would have made his life a living HELL!

Pranks everyday. :D
 
Alkatran said:
I agree. Teacher's aren't perfect.

If there is anything I learned in school, I learned that...

TEACHER'S ARE RETARDS.

Note: My above fact is becoming more accurate as I do my post-secondary education because I *bump* into other prospective teachers. So far, things don't seem too promising for the future of teachers.
 
Last edited: