Was the Ab Circle Pro Refund Due to Deceptive Advertising?

In summary, the FTC has charged companies marketing the Ab Circle Pro exercise device with deceptive advertising and they have agreed to pay up to $25 million in refunds to customers. The device promised unrealistic weight loss results and was marketed through late-night infomercials. People of all types can fall for these types of deceptions, especially in the late hours of the night.
edward
When I first saw the infomercial I knew this Chinese manufactured piece of junk was worthless.

WASHINGTON — Companies marketing the Ab Circle Pro exercise device have agreed to pay as much as $25 million in refunds to customers to settle federal regulators’ charges of deceptive advertising.

The Federal Trade Commission says it was deceptive to promise that people could lose 10 pounds in two weeks by using the abdominal exercise device for only three minutes a day. The TV infomercials touted the fiberglass disk with handlebars and knee rests selling for $200 to $250.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/companies-marketing-ab-circle-pro-to-pay-up-to-25-million-in-refunds-to-settle-ads-charges/2012/08/23/77799a20-ed33-11e1-866f-60a00f604425_story.html

Are people really that gullible or is it just those who stay up late at night??

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
edward said:
Are people really that gullible or is it just those who stay up late at night??

People of all types fall to these sorts of deceptions.

The later this kind of commercial airs, the less credible it is. There is no telling what may sway folks after a bowl of rasberry custard at 3 am.

Related to Was the Ab Circle Pro Refund Due to Deceptive Advertising?

1. What is the Ab Circle PRO?

The Ab Circle PRO is a fitness machine designed for abdominal exercises. It consists of a circular platform with two handlebars, and users can perform exercises by rotating their body on the platform.

2. Why must the Ab Circle PRO refund money?

The Ab Circle PRO was involved in a class-action lawsuit in which it was found that the company made false claims about the effectiveness of the machine for weight loss. As a result, the company must refund money to customers who purchased the product.

3. How can I get a refund for my Ab Circle PRO?

If you purchased an Ab Circle PRO between a specific time period (usually stated in the settlement), you may be eligible for a refund. You can visit the company's website or contact their customer service for more information on how to submit a claim for a refund.

4. How much money will I get refunded for my Ab Circle PRO?

The amount of money that will be refunded to customers is determined by the court and may vary depending on the specific lawsuit. It is best to contact the company or check the settlement details for more information on the refund amount.

5. Can I still use my Ab Circle PRO even if I am eligible for a refund?

Yes, you can still use your Ab Circle PRO for exercise even if you are eligible for a refund. However, it is important to note that the machine may not provide the promised weight loss results and you should consult with a healthcare professional before beginning any new exercise routine.

Back