Welcome to PhysicsForums! 13 y/o Interested in Physics

• Thread starter NateSprague62
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary, Nate is a new member of the forums and is excited to learn more about physics. He is also excited to discuss some of his favorite 80's one hit songs.
NateSprague62
Hello! I'm new to "PhysicsForums", and thrilled to be part of the community as well. I'm 13 years old, and became interested in the subject of Physics two years ago.

My love of Physics was most likely passed on from my father, because he is an amauter physicist, though is going to college for physics this summer. My favorite theory in physics is Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, though there is the Higgs field as well, and my two most favorite physicists are Albert Einstein, and Michio Kaku. Michio Kaku which I hope to meet someday.

I hope to get a helping hand on how I can search the forums and make new topics or responses. Other than that, it's a pleasure to be here! :smile:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." -Albert Einstein

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! I hope you find our community to be as awesome as I do.

Welcome to PF, I think you'll like it here :smile:!

Welcome to PF! It's nice to see young people interested in physics!

Here is another scientist who you will probably like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3pYRn5j7oI

Anyway, you got any favorite fish??

Thanks guys, I've already learned some here! :smile:

Welcome to the PhysicsForums Nate! Enjoy your stay here! :D I am glad that you are liking Physics at an early age! Keep it going! :)

You have 2 options.
1. What is your favorite fish?
2. You can watch this small Physics documentary and write us a paragraph on your response to the video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan, you are an evil, evil person...

I like that :biggrin:

Ha, I'm confuzzled at Ivan's response but not in the Quantom Physics forum itself!

P.S. I love that song now, due to be Rick Rolled so many times. :-p

Last edited:
NateSprague62 said:
Ha, I'm confuzzled at Ivan's response but not in the Quantom Physics forum itself!

P.S. I love that song now, due to be Rick Rolled so many times. :-p

Confused? But it's fish! You MUST have a favorite fish! If not, I recommend choosing salmon, even if you don't like it.

As of now, the rules have changed. Seeing as you all ready saw the video, you must say what your favorite fish is! x)

@micro: I learned it all from the master! LOL x)

Drakkith said:
Confused? But it's fish! You MUST have a favorite fish! If not, I recommend choosing salmon, even if you don't like it.

Haha, of course it's salmon, or walleye... I'm a Michigan boy. :biggrin:
Happy, Ivan? :P

SMACKS a fat, Norwegian salmon into Nate's face.

You are now properly initiated at PF! :approve:

Welcome!

Hey NateSprague62 and welcome to the forums.

I hope you enjoy this community, there's a lot of viewpoints, good discussion and debate, and the people here are friendly.

And don't worry about the fish, the inmates here are running the asylum.

Aggasi said:
Hi All,
New member of this forum and excited to be here as I found many informative threats here. I will try to be active here to gain more from here and hope to make some friends also.

Hey there, I was new once, then I got help :D. Welcome to the PhysicsForum!

lol 80's one hit wonders got to love that cheese lol

When I saw the poster's name was "NateSprague62" I expected someone born in 1962.

Seeing that wasn't the case was an interesting surprise :-p

Welcome :-)

Related to Welcome to PhysicsForums! 13 y/o Interested in Physics

1. What is PhysicsForums?

PhysicsForums is an online community dedicated to the discussion and exploration of physics and related fields. It is a platform for scientists, students, and enthusiasts to share their knowledge, ask questions, and engage in meaningful discussions.

2. How can I join PhysicsForums?

To join PhysicsForums, simply go to the website and click on the "Register" button. You will need to provide some basic information and create a username and password. Once registered, you will have access to all the features of the forum.

3. What kind of discussions can I expect to find on PhysicsForums?

PhysicsForums covers a wide range of topics, including classical mechanics, quantum physics, relativity, astrophysics, and more. Discussions can range from basic concepts to advanced theories and research. The forum also includes sections for homework help and career advice.

4. Is PhysicsForums suitable for a 13-year-old interested in physics?

Yes, PhysicsForums is a great resource for anyone interested in physics, regardless of age. The forum is moderated to ensure appropriate content and language, and there are sections specifically for students and beginners to ask questions and learn from more experienced members.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines I need to follow on PhysicsForums?

Yes, there are rules and guidelines in place to maintain a respectful and productive community. These include being polite and respectful to others, providing accurate information, and avoiding personal attacks or spam. It is important to read and follow these rules to ensure a positive experience for all members.