Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What about this Final Theory thing?

1. Mar 20, 2006 #1
    What about this Final Theory thing??

Hi all,

Just was wondering about what you all thought of Mark McCutheson's (sp) book and this expanding universe. That gavity is really the result of, for us here, the Earth expanding as is the whole universe. That to over come "gravity" we must use mechanical means, ie, thrust. Of course we cannot sense this expansion. I have not come to the part about how the heck the Moon stays in orbit with this expansion idea. Any thoughts would be great.

Randy

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2006 #2
    I started to answer with a basic response about the relative difference between gravity and expansion. The statement "That gavity is really the result of, for us here, the Earth expanding as is the whole universe." stoped me so I checked to see what Mark McCutheson was really about.

Here is a link giving the basics along with correspondence with one of his readers. The reader expressed some very legitimate problems. This is not a link to anything belonging to Mark McCutheson. This individuals expose says more than you can resonable expect here.
    http://homepage.mac.com/ruske/ruske/finaltheory.html

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?