What adjective is used to describe the blood smell?

  • Thread starter Thread starter porums
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Blood Smell
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 4K views
porums
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Thanks
What adjective is used to describe the blood smell ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
No one cares.
I just want to learn an English word only
I stepped on a broken glass yesterday, blood everywhere.
Anyone sniffing it often could give me an answer please ? :smile:
 
I don't know of such a word, porums. I guess it's just called...the smell of blood.

Hope your foot's not too bad - did you need stitches?
 
hah! what a question you got there porums. if its a describing word there would be plently but i don't think there is such a word to be used to show the smell of blood.
 
porums said:
Thanks I don't,
Are you a doctor lisab ?

No, I could never be a doctor! I really don't like being around sick people...not exactly a phobia, more of an aversion.
 
Perhaps someone sniffs often and doesn't care to make a difference. For example, doctors especially those working in urinerology (sp?) never says so, right ?
This isnot something disgusting at all :smile:, I only want to know if someone smells it, then how he feels about it, I smell a fish I then say it is fishy although when eating sushi, I don''t smell out anything.
 
rootX said:
rusty iron?

Yes, :smile: it is
But it still seems too technical right ? Can you compare the smell of blood please ?
 
porums said:
What adjective is used to describe the blood smell ?
Sanguinary?
 
porums said:
Yes, :smile: it is
But it still seems too technical right ? Can you compare the smell of blood please ?

I found it on internet. I don't remember when was the last time I tried to smell the blood. I think it does smell like rusty iron!
 
Thanks, I will remember that word. I once almost puked because I smelt my blood.

You can try it with your own once you have a chance again. :smile: