Graw
- 33
- 0
I am writing story about Earth set 1000 years in future and I am looking for good example of living animals. So far I had wolves or dogs on my mind, how would they change in 1000 years?
ManBystander said:Natural enemy of what?
"Rough" estimate of speciation/evolutionary rate for vertebrates is one species per three thousand generations given circumstances in which a population is isolated, moves into a new niche, isolated from the parent species. You might see emergence of aggressive rodents, several generations per year; larger species won't really have had time to change much.Graw said:how would they change in 1000 years?
not physically but as you mention they may adapt behaviour to fill new niches.Bystander said:larger species won't really have had time to change much.
Too short time for any story interesting evolution process. All what you'd get would be wolves (or so wild dogs, that you'd barely see any difference)Graw said:I am writing story about Earth set 1000 years in future and I am looking for good example of living animals. So far I had wolves or dogs on my mind, how would they change in 1000 years?
Feral mothers-in-law?Graw said:ManBystander said:Natural enemy of what?