What are colleges that are renown for physics and philosophy (or both)?

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter regent
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Philosophy Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
regent
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
I ask the above question, what are best colleges for learning to become a physicist, a philosopher, or even, both?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The University of Maine was a premier engineering school when I attended, and the school of philosophy (headed by Erling Skorpen) was top-notch. This stuff changes all the time. It's pretty dynamic.
 
What, if you don't mind me asking, would you do with a degree in philosophy. It doesn't seem like something that is very desirable in todays work place.
 
I've heard that the University of Pittsburgh has a good graduate program in the philosophy of physics. They do not have an undergrad program in this major, but it may still be worth checking out. I can't vouch for their philosophy department, but I have been working in the physics department there this summer and I'm enjoying it a lot. Good luck in your school search!