What are good enginnering schools?

• Schools
  • Thread starter jtfire55
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Schools
In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty and importance of earning an engineering degree in the US. The speaker advises the other person to choose a different major if they do not want to work hard on engineering projects and assignments. They also suggest researching top engineering schools for more information.
jtfire55
In thee US of course, which are easy but look very good to employers? I like engineering alot, and I am not doing it for the money but I don't want to be bummed down by many projects and assignments.

Physics news on Phys.org
jtfire55 said:
easy but look very good to employers

Those are contradictory requirements.

An engineering degree at ANY school is going to be difficult and time consuming. If it's what you really want to do then this shouldn't be an issue for you. If it is an issue, choose another path.

jtfire55 said:
In thee US of course, which are easy but look very good to employers? I like engineering alot, and I am not doing it for the money but I don't want to be bummed down by many projects and assignments.

Better pick another major then. Not only would I not want a lazy classmate getting the same degree that I worked my arse of for, but I wouldn't want some bum building the bridges my family drives on or the planes that my children will fly on.

If you don't want to be bummed down by projects and assignments then do a L.A. major; otherwise grow set or take a hike.

Wait... what? How do you like engineering but you don't want to do engineering projects and assignments?

Exactly what kind of engineering do you have in mind?

Obviously you could just google up "top engineering schools" or "top undergraduate engineering schools".

1. What are the top engineering schools in the world?

According to the QS World University Rankings, the top five engineering schools in the world are Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, University of Cambridge, ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, and University of Oxford.

2. How do I determine if a school is a good fit for engineering?

There are a few key factors to consider when determining if a school is a good fit for engineering. These include the school's accreditation, faculty and research facilities, curriculum and specializations offered, internship and co-op opportunities, and job placement rates for graduates.

3. What are some highly ranked engineering schools in the United States?

According to US News & World Report, some of the top engineering schools in the United States include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), and Carnegie Mellon University.

4. Can I study engineering at any university?

While most universities offer engineering programs, it is important to do research on the specific program and the accreditation of the school. Accreditation ensures that the program meets certain standards and is recognized by employers and other universities.

5. How important are rankings when choosing an engineering school?

Rankings can be a helpful tool in evaluating the reputation and quality of a school's engineering program. However, it is important to also consider other factors such as personal fit, cost, and career opportunities. It is recommended to use rankings as one factor in your decision-making process, but not the sole determining factor.