What Are Meta-Stable States in Atoms and Their Role in Lasing Action?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
moatasim23
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Hey..!Its been a long time since I last posted..Any how I returned..
My question is about mEta stable states in atoms in Lasing Action.Wt actually these states are?And are they justifiable by Bohrs atomic model or Schrödinger Probabilistic orbits?If not then from where these additional states came?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
moatasim23 said:
Hey..!Its been a long time since I last posted..Any how I returned..
My question is about mEta stable states in atoms in Lasing Action.Wt actually these states are?And are they justifiable by Bohrs atomic model or Schrödinger Probabilistic orbits?If not then from where these additional states came?

They are excited states of the electrons - quantum mechanics presribes them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser