What are some applications of prime numbers other than cryptography

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
michojek
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
I was just wondering what are some applications of prime numbers other than cryptography?

Also i heard that there is no certain *equation or prediction of Prime numbers?

For example, there is no way to explain prime numbers with an equation.

What happens if one was able to find one?

haha i know this is very abstract

Thanks =]
 
Physics news on Phys.org


michojek said:
I was just wondering what are some applications of prime numbers other than cryptography?

Also i heard that there is no certain *equation or prediction of Prime numbers?

For example, there is no way to explain prime numbers with an equation.

What happens if one was able to find one?

haha i know this is very abstract

Thanks =]
If you like number puzzles and games, primes are a very interesting topic. If I am correct, primes have a role in wave theory but I have no idea what it is.