What are some pieces of advice for a struggling programming learner?

In summary: Take the time to review what you have learned. Repetition is one of the best ways to learn. Try to use the same examples or exercises over and over again. This will help you internalize the information.4) Don't be afraid to ask for help. There are many resources available to help you learn programming.In summary, people say to do projects to learn, but I don't know how that works. I've tried doing projects but all of them have been bad. I do not think that programming is easy.
Let's back up a bit. Why do you want to be a programmer? You don't seem to be particularly interested in the day-to-day tasks, like debugging,, You don't seem particularly interested in generalizing the answer to one question to another. You seem to flit around from language to language and project to project.

So why do you want this? (With the implied question 'might there be something you'll like better')

Physics news on Phys.org
Vanadium 50 said:
Let's back up a bit. Why do you want to be a programmer? You don't seem to be particularly interested in the day-to-day tasks, like debugging,, You don't seem particularly interested in generalizing the answer to one question to another. You seem to flit around from language to language and project to project.

So why do you want this? (With the implied question 'might there be something you'll like better')
I give up programming yeah. I'm now into something else.

shivajikobardan said:
How you mean that is very uncertain. My sense of that is sarcasm. The question from @Vanadium 50 of
could really be a serious and honest question. Another field of study or skill might be a far better fit for you. A possible indication may be, if you studied some courses in which you consistently earned high grades. That might be in some field outside of sciences or technology.

Likes berkeman
My question was serious - why do something you seem not to like? Why not pick something else to do?

Likes berkeman and PhDeezNutz
shivajikobardan said:
And yet, you're still posting questions in your other thread about C++ copy constructors.

Likes Vanadium 50
Mark44 said:
And yet, you're still posting questions in your other thread about C++ copy constructors.
it's for other purposes I'm learning it.

• Haha
Likes Tom.G