What are some potential chemistry research ideas for grant funding?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 31K views
srbaroach
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
So I am doing an independent study with a chemistry teacher next semester and I have to turn in a paper for grant money by October 1st. The only problem is that I can't think of a research project to do. It can be on any science topic, but I would prefer it be chemistry... any suggestions?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
What chemistry journals do you read regularly? That's a pretty good way to see what areas are hot in research. Even just reading the past several issues of Science News may show you a few ineresting subjects to look into.
 
I'm a high school student, so the lab equipment available is pretty limited, which would be why I'm applying for the grant money. The amount available is around $300-$500, if that helps narrow down the topics.
 
srbaroach said:
I'm a high school student, so the lab equipment available is pretty limited, which would be why I'm applying for the grant money. The amount available is around $300-$500, if that helps narrow down the topics.

It really depends on your interests .
 
That is the part where I am having the most trouble. I can't really decide where my interest lies for the project. I'm pretty sure that I want it to be chemistry based, but I can't think of a research topic...
 
srbaroach said:
That is the part where I am having the most trouble. I can't really decide where my interest lies for the project. I'm pretty sure that I want it to be chemistry based, but I can't think of a research topic...

Okay, I went to Science News' website, and did a search on chemistry. Lots of good hits. Here's the hit list:

http://www.sciencenews.org/search/seek?for=chemistry


.