What are some textbooks and problem sets I can use to learn physics?

• Intro Physics
  • Thread starter vadimuha
  • Start date
vadimuha
I'm looking to pre-calculus physics textbooks with problems sets. I need something as rigorous as possible. Problem sets can be separate from textbooks

Answers and Replies

hutchphd
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2022 Award
If I may ask: what is your reason for studying physics. If you really want to understand you will need to know the calculus and so that is where one should start, along with calculus based physics.

vanhees71
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
Indeed, instead of struggling with "pre-calculus physics" rather start learning calculus, which you can also do in parallel by learning physics. Restricting yourself to non-calculus math makes it rather much more difficult than simpler to understand and communicate about physics. It's an unfortunate wrong track by some physics didacts to avoid the adequate math. It's in fact a lie to students to claim you could understand physics without calculus.

Likes hutchphd and etotheipi
MidgetDwarf
A simple calculus book to get you started in learning Calculus is Thomas Calculus With Analytic Geometry 3rd edition. Make sure it is the 3rd edition. Higher number editions are entirely different books.

Once you learn a bit of calculus, have a look at Alonso and Finn: Fundamental University Physics.

Suggested for: What are some textbooks and problem sets I can use to learn physics?

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views