1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are some good textbooks to use to teach myself Physics?

1. Apr 7, 2013 #1
    Hey, I'm new here! I am a Sophomore in high school way over in urban Idaho, and I am at an impass. I have an extreme desire to learn physics, which I could take next year but decided to take AP Chem instead (I am taking AP Bio this year). So naturally I decided that I would teach myself Physics, as I would like to be a physicist someday. I hope to specialize in Condensed Matter Physics or Quantum Physics, but anything will do :smile: . I am aware of the online textbooks that are free to use, but when learning I am more of a solid object that I can take notes in the corner kinda guy. I am looking for the best textbook at the cheapest price. Also, I am currently in College Algebra and if I need a more advanced math please suggest it, and a textbook for that would be nice as well.
    Much thanks,
    SirS

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2013 #2
    If you are Planning to give Advanced Placement Tests this year and looking for textbooks, then visit APcentral and view the Resource Page & Sample Syllabus

4. Apr 9, 2013 #3
    Well, that isn't exactly what I am looking for...I will be taking an AP test this year (AP Biology), next year (AP Chemistry), and two of them my senior year (AP Physics and AP Calculus); however, I am looking teach myself Physics just for the fun of it and because I really enjoy it. I am looking for the fastest way possible, and the way with the most and the best info, to teach myself Physics and Calculus at an adequately accelerated rate. I would much rather not be going into AP Physics and AP Chemistry blind and would like to surpass the knowledge recieved from AP Physics at the same time.
    Thanks,
    SirS

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook