What are the address bar and search suggestions dropdown called?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AznBoi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Internet
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 66K views
AznBoi
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
I would like to know the specific name for the bar where you type the internet addresses. Also, what do you call the list that opens down when you type something that you've already visted in the bar? Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I always thought it was just called the address bar and the menu thing the history :confused:
 
On my explorer it's called the navigation bar, but I suppose it might be called something else.

I have no idea bout the drop down part, the history drop down? I have mine set to clear all information as soon as the explorer is closed, so I've never really used it.
 
I've always called it the address bar myself, but in Firefox, it's called the navigation toolbar. I do not know the name of the second thing you wanted though, sorry. I call that the recent website list.
 
The second one is "history" or "browsing history" in firefox.
 
AznBoi said:
I would like to know the specific name for the bar where you type the internet addresses.
Address bar.
 
Wikipedia calls it "URL Bar" but also recognizes the names location/address bar.
 
Sorry.

Snickers is a product of Mars inc. It is not a search engine; rather, it is a chocolate and nougat snack food product. It has nothing to do with this thread, but it sounded very witty to me at the time, and I compulsively struck the keyboard with my whimsy.

I'll go now.
 
Chi Meson said:
Sorry.

Snickers is a product of Mars inc. It is not a search engine; rather, it is a chocolate and nougat snack food product. It has nothing to do with this thread, but it sounded very witty to me at the time, and I compulsively struck the keyboard with my whimsy.

I'll go now.
:smile: :smile: :smile:

I got it. I don't know if that means I'm worldy or pathetic. :rolleyes:
 
Happy peanuts soar
Over chocolate covered mountaintops
And waterfalls of caramel
Prancing nougat in the meadow
Sings a song of satisfaction
To the world