What Are the Best Electricity and Magnetism Textbooks with Detailed Solutions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrshappy0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics Textbooks
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
mrshappy0
Messages
97
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Hi, I am looking for a problems and solutions textbook for the physics of electricity and magnetism. I currently am using a textbook that has problems but no solutions at all. It is miserable for learning physics.

I am looking for something that can provide good college level problems in electricity and magnetism but also have good in-detail solutions. Any form is acceptable (internet, textbook,etc.) but having detailed solutions is key!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Griffiths' Introduction to Electrodynamics is an okay intro book, it's got plenty of problems in it
I'd give that one a go
 
most EM books don't cover circuits
they usually cover coulomb fields and work up to maxwells equations
 
I am looking for a problems and solutions textbook for the physics of electricity and magnetism. I currently am using a textbook that has problems but no solutions at all. It is miserable for learning physics.
Hi mrshappy0! Have a try for Schaum's 3000 Problems in Physics.
You can buy students manuals of your textbooks if need solutions- but saying the truth it won't help you to learn physics at all!
Have a nice day!

_MtK
 
maxtkidd said:
Hi mrshappy0! Have a try for Schaum's 3000 Problems in Physics.
You can buy students manuals of your textbooks if need solutions- but saying the truth it won't help you to learn physics at all!
Have a nice day!

_MtK

I got that book too. But only problems and solution.
Should add Young and Freedman-University Physics.