What Are the Most Unusual Food Combinations You Enjoy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ShawnD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Weird
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
119 replies · 16K views
but the back fires must be tremendous...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hypatia said:
but the back fires must be tremendous...
Yup. :approve: The only car in town with functional afterburners. Great for extra passing power. :biggrin:
 
I eat dead animal, i think that's weird enough.
Ok, but seriously, would NEVER eat it again, but i work on a Deli; and i ate what i though was spicy meat balls, there were indeed balls of meat, and indeed spicy, but were not reformed...
 
Padford said:
there were indeed balls of meat, and indeed spicy, but were not reformed...
Ah... prairie oysters! Considered something of a delicacy around here, served at branding time. (Won't go near them myself, though. )
 
I happen to know people who regard squirrel heads as a delicacy. Only the fur is normally removed. They are usually served deep fried, or in a stew. Some prefer them pickled and put them in a big jar of brine like boiled eggs. The sight can be vaguely disturbing - although children find it mesmerizing.
 
I just can't get myself to eat a pickeled egg..lol let alone a pickeled head!
 
Chronos said:
I happen to know people who regard squirrel heads as a delicacy. Only the fur is normally removed. They are usually served deep fried, or in a stew. Some prefer them pickled and put them in a big jar of brine like boiled eggs. The sight can be vaguely disturbing - although children find it mesmerizing.

I take it you're from the south. Only southerners seem to think anything is edible if you deep fry it or pickle it. For me, if it isn't a vegetable or fruit, it doesn't belong pickled.
 
Chronos said:
I happen to know people who regard squirrel heads as a delicacy. Only the fur is normally removed. They are usually served deep fried, or in a stew. Some prefer them pickled and put them in a big jar of brine like boiled eggs. The sight can be vaguely disturbing - although children find it mesmerizing.
Oh. Ugh.

That's just WRONG!

Chronos, you've just ruined my dinner. :eek:
 
Moonbear said:
For me, if it isn't a vegetable or fruit, it doesn't belong pickled.
Uncle Frank wasn't quite a vegetable, and no one inquired into his fruitiness, but he was pickled most of the time. :biggrin:
 
Cheddar cheese and chocolate chips together!

Cheap cheesecake! yum! :biggrin:
 
i heard that in asia peple eat living monkey's brains,is that true? :-p
 
stoned said:
i heard that in asia peple eat living monkey's brains,is that true? :-p
I'm pretty sure that the monkeys expire during preparation. :biggrin:
 
since we speak about food, worst thing i ate and actually at that time liked it a lot was soup made from duck blood,
 
stoned said:
since we speak about food, worst thing i ate and actually at that time liked it a lot was soup made from duck blood,
Never heard of that one, but my Portuguese friends when I was a kid had blood pudding on special occassions.
 
Evo said:
Oh. Ugh.

That's just WRONG!

Chronos, you've just ruined my dinner. :eek:
Interesting. Just how did you know a pickled squirrel head looks like - :eek: Did you also know, if you squeeze, it looks like this -
 
Chronos said:
Interesting. Just how did you know a pickled squirrel head looks like - :eek: Did you also know, if you squeeze, it looks like this -
well, of course she did. She's a Texas girl, you know. :wink: I have never had the pleasure of feasting on squirrel heads, but I have nibbled a few pickled pigs feet.
 
Chronos said:
Interesting. Just how did you know a pickled squirrel head looks like - :eek: Did you also know, if you squeeze, it looks like this -
:smile: ... :smile: Hope you don't mind the abbreviation; I don't have room for enough of them. Maybe it's just because I'm seriously demented, but that just might be the funniest thing that I've seen on this site since I got here. :biggrin:
 
Math Is Hard said:
I have nibbled a few pickled pigs feet.
Don't worry about it, kid. It happens to all of us. The trick is to sober up first, slug the mouthwash, and make sure that nobody sees you leave. :biggrin:
 
Luckily, the pigs never complained.
(And it's gotten me out of a few speeding tickets.)
 
Originally Posted by stoned"
i heard that in asia peple eat living monkey's brains,is that true?

I'm pretty sure that the monkeys expire during preparation.


Yup its true.And the monkeys expire during the eating process, not preparation.

They take a monkey put it in a wooden box with only its head outside the box, then cut off its skull, and pour some hot oil on its brain. Then, every one digs in.

Btw , I am not kidding. The monkey's still screaming.
 
kaos said:
They take a monkey put it in a wooden box with only its head outside the box, then cut off its skull, and pour some hot oil on its brain. Then, every one digs in.

Btw , I am not kidding. The monkey's still screaming.

I guess that's one way to make sure you're being served fresh food. That has to be one of the most horrible things I've ever heard!
 
kaos said:
Yup its true.And the monkeys expire during the eating process, not preparation.

They take a monkey put it in a wooden box with only its head outside the box, then cut off its skull, and pour some hot oil on its brain. Then, every one digs in.

Btw , I am not kidding. The monkey's still screaming.

Bon appetit :-p
 


See the following --> http://www.maxent.org/ch/monkey_brains.html . Among many other googled links.
This reminded me of liquid glass and Quikie-Freeze water. :biggrin:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
them pig brains are not bad either
 
Attachments
  • 945224541003_G.jpg
    945224541003_G.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 564
kaos said:
Yup its true.And the monkeys expire during the eating process, not preparation.

They take a monkey put it in a wooden box with only its head outside the box, then cut off its skull, and pour some hot oil on its brain.
My mistake... I thought that the boiling oil done 'em in. Guess it's not as hot as I figured.
 
Is it possible that eating brains of animals could increase person intelligence ?
 
stoned said:
Is it possible that eating brains of animals could increase person intelligence ?
Well... it's pretty high-protein...
(I'm tempted to direct you to the movie "Hauser's Memory", but that would just be cruel.)
 
Oh ! God ! I forgot about Mad cow disise, eating brains not too good,.
 
stoned said:
Oh ! God ! I forgot about Mad cow disise, eating brains not too good,.
Since you're in this forum, it's probably too late to worry about that... :wink: