What Are the Most Unusual Food Combinations You Enjoy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ShawnD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Weird
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
119 replies · 16K views
ShawnD said:
What weird things do you eat?

Mc Donalds
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
Good to see Ivan elevate this discussion back out of the gutter. :biggrin:

ghetto, not gutter. I have my limits you know. :mad:
 
Pengwuino said:
Mc Donalds


Unlike Pengwuino who knows no limits...
 
Pengwuino said:
Mc Donalds

didn't you see that documentary "Super Size Me" where the guy only ate mcdonalds! i wouldn't ever touch the stuff after watching that. well, maybe a milkshake every once in a while. but ya, fast food is pretty gross. and BAAD for you!
 
Gale17 said:
didn't you see that documentary "Super Size Me" where the guy only ate mcdonalds! i wouldn't ever touch the stuff after watching that. well, maybe a milkshake every once in a while. but ya, fast food is pretty gross. and BAAD for you!

... he ate the same thing 3 times a day for 30 days. Common sense dictates your going to get sick. McDonalds doesn't go aroudn telling people to it it for every meal every single day. If you can't get it into your head that food that you go out and buy isn't meant to be eaten 3 times a day, then you deserve to get sick :) No one goes to a restaurant 3 times a day 30 days a month...
 
I like snails "escargot bourguignonnne". That is so good, and oysters rockefeller. My oyster stew. :approve:
 
how could i have forgotten raw oysters? with HOT cocktail sauce?? haven't been able to eat them though because it was recommended to me not to eat raw fish while expecting :frown:
 
I was wondering when Kerrie would chime in. She must be at that point where the weird cravings are kicking in leading her to eat all sorts of strange things. :-p
 
A guy married into Tsu's side of the family won $5000 by eating a slug sandwich. It was for a radio contest in Portland. First he put the slugs into a blender and then spread them on the bread. He even practiced once to see if he could do it...
 
Ivan Seeking said:
A guy married into Tsu's side of the family won $5000 by eating a slug sandwich. It was for a radio contest in Portland. First he put the slugs into a blender and then spread them on the bread. He even practiced once to see if he could do it...

hahaha... so he didn't just eat a slug sandwhich once, but twice! wow... that's a real winner there.

I used to feed dog treats to my siblings all the time. I'd tell them they were cookies and i'd say "close your eyes and open your mouth" sadly, that actually worked... more than once.
 
Gale17 said:
I used to feed dog treats to my siblings all the time. I'd tell them they were cookies and i'd say "close your eyes and open your mouth" sadly, that actually worked... more than once.
hee hee.
I used a slightly more tantalizing version when we were kids:

open your mouth,
and close your eyes,
and I will give you,
a big surprise!


:biggrin:
 
Evo said:
I like snails "escargot bourguignonnne".
How many keyboards did you wear out typing that?
 
lol that "nnn" makes me think that's not how its spelled...
 
Kerrie said:
haven't been able to eat them though because it was recommended to me not to eat raw fish while expecting :frown:
Nobody's fault but your own. A little Super Glue and a cork could have prevented that. :approve:
 
Pengwuino said:
lol that "nnn" makes me think that's not how its spelled...
bourguignonne, I had one too many nnn's :biggrin:
 
Math Is Hard said:
hee hee.
I used a slightly more tantalizing version when we were kids:

open your mouth,
and close your eyes,
and I will give you,
a big surprise!


:biggrin:

That's the version I tried too, but I guess I have to give my sister credit for being smarter than I thought...she never fell for it after the first time.
 
Moonbear said:
That's the version I tried too, but I guess I have to give my sister credit for being smarter than I thought...she never fell for it after the first time.
Could be that Gale's siblings just like dog biscuits. :smile:
 
Math Is Hard said:
Could be that Gale's siblings just like dog biscuits. :smile:

I have an aunt who likes dog biscuits. She just decided to try one one day when she was training her dog, and decided they made a good snack. But she's also the crazy aunt who wears shorts and sandals in the middle of winter.
 
Hey, I was serious, do people eat raw snail.

I also like BBQ'd Coelacanth.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I also like BBQ'd Coelacanth.
you also like frozen broccoli. Don't forget that one.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Hey, I was serious, do people eat raw snail.

I don't know how common it is, but I'm sure there's someone with a little brother and a garden full of snails... :smile:
 
Moonbear said:
I don't know how common it is, but I'm sure there's someone with a little brother and a garden full of snails... :smile:
ha ha :smile: :smile: That took me a minute to get the full visual...
 
Moonbear said:
I don't know how common it is, but I'm sure there's someone with a little brother and a garden full of snails... :smile:
Lakes have snails; gardens have slugs.
 
Evo said:
I like snails "escargot bourguignonnne".
I love escargot too, but only get it every few years. Can't afford it. In my area those of my social class refer to it as "slugs in a camper".
 
Danger said:
I love escargot too, but only get it every few years. Can't afford it. In my area those of my social class refer to it as "slugs in a camper".
:smile: They can toss away the snails, I just want to dip my brad in that garlic butter sauce. :approve:
 
Evo said:
:smile: They can toss away the snails, I just want to dip my brad in that garlic butter sauce. :approve:
oohh! Who's Brad? :-p :!)
 
Math Is Hard said:
oohh! Who's Brad? :-p :!)
Damn! You beat me to it.
 
ShawnD said:
Lakes have snails; gardens have slugs.

There are land snails too. Escargot snails are raised on land on snail ranches. Once before when the subject of snails came up, I found a USDA site that described everything you ever wanted to know about snail farming. Ride 'em snailboy! :smile:
 
Moonbear said:
There are land snails too. Escargot snails are raised on land on snail ranches.

I remember the days of the great snail drives, from the Black Hills of Dakota to the Sacramento Valley. It was really slow going in those days.