What Are the Mysterious Zig Zagging 'Stars' in the Night Sky?

• B
  • Thread starter All year camper
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Explain
In summary, the speaker is a wild camper in the UK who has seen strange lights in the sky at night. They have seen these lights on multiple occasions, sometimes in groups, and have even communicated with them using a flashlight. The speaker believes the lights are not planes and may be imitating stars to avoid attention. They are seeking an explanation for these sightings and have suggested the possibility of northern lights as a potential explanation. The speaker also mentions that other campers may be unaware of these lights due to being drunk or distracted by other activities.
All year camper
Ok all you bright boffins and I don’t mean an insult , I want to run this by you all so be tolerant and don’t turn off my blog until you have read through it please ,

I am wild camper in uk north east England mainly Teeside area for your expertise on what I have seen in the sky at night . No I am not on illegal smoke or intoxicated before any doubting Thomas’s start on me . I see imitating stars on a regular basis light up like them but don’t twinkle ✨ the same and are dull zig zag across the sky at a rate of incredible speed sometimes in fleets of 3 4 5 ,one time ther were 8 over tees barrage stockton in August 2015 .

They are not planes , as fly at a style I would describe as a tag pole in water flickering in zig zag style . Ok here is the madness theory you all be thinking but I’m going to tell you what I see and I can show you boffins for yourself on a clear wkend if I’m camping ⛺️ one night in April over Barth Farn North Yorkshire they were zipping all over the sky so I was flashing my led very bright torch at them in my sort of code so they new it was me as I’ve done this in the past in my pattern of code ,waving it slowly and then rapidly then flash on off very fast ,

there was so much activity that night with them zipping across sky i stayed up sat outside just constantly flashing them , went inside for a pee and when I came out of the awning ther were 3 huge moons all on my horizon very low in a straight line exact same distance apart staring at me like 3 Lancaster bombers coming at me , I ran back in with fright as new my flashing all night has brought attention to myself and I had crossed the line and did not know what I was dealing with.

But I forced myself back out , scared sat on my chair did not flash light at them I just stared st them they were huge moons and I was thinking ther are 3 stars in the sky that line up the same but don’t know ther names but it was not them as so low to Earth and massive so I thought they were imitating them so people wouldn’t get inquisitive. So what happened next was unreal to my eyes they shot up one by one straight up like a nassa rocket and we’re gone never to be seen again.

Please explain what I see ?? No photo or camera within a mile of we’re i camp so not reflecting light. Please I got lots of sightings of these zig zag stars in sky . This weekend in wynyard I was flashing them as usual And ther so dull they just want to get we’re were going discretely and very fast but they only turned up lights so bright like a 10000 times ther brightness for a few seconds to all I can say is acnologe me as crazy as it seams but they know who I am and I think to stop me flashing all night at them they don’t want the attention so they flash back with mutual respect ✊ So Russian spy plains ruled out for sure.

I’m not nutts just a camper who sits under the stars more than most ! Help please come watch with me see for your selfs . It not happen lot at wynyard as they know it had an observation room but tees barrage as regular as clockwork. Other campers are blind or drunk or stupid as see nothing past the barbaque or the wine

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Kierjohn
Astronomy news on Phys.org
All year camper said:
... I can show you boffins for yourself on a clear wkend if I’m camping ⛺️ ...

You can get a video and post it. At least a photo. It would be very disappointing to have spent 7 hours in an airplane each way and then not see the lights. Would ruin a whole weekend and I can go camping on the Appalachian trial an hour from here.

All year camper said:
... Other campers are blind or drunk or stupid as see nothing past the barbaque or the wine

Do any of the campers play with drones or fireworks?

All year camper said:
sometimes in fleets of 3 4 5 ,one time ther were 8 over tees barrage stockton in August 2015 . They are not planes , as fly at a style I would describe as a tag pole in water flickering in zig zag style .

Could it be bicycles on the footbridge? As people peddle the headlight sweeps back and forth.

All year camper said:
I was thinking ther are 3 stars in the sky that line up the same but don’t know ther names but it was not them as so low to Earth and massive so I thought they were imitating them so people wouldn’t get inquisitive.

Orion's belt? What do you mean by "low to earth"? Orion would be close to the horizon in April. Earth's atmosphere distorts light. The sun and moon look abnormally large right before setting or rising. In pictures of the setting sun the distortion makes the edge look non-circular. You get phenomena like a green flash. The edge seams to flicker before setting.

Likes russ_watters
Did the zig zagging '''stars' look like this?

1. What should I do if I see something in the sky that I can't explain?

If you see something in the sky that you can't explain, the first thing you should do is try to gather as much information as possible. This includes noting the time, location, and duration of the sighting, as well as any distinguishing features of the object. You can also try to take photos or videos if possible. Once you have this information, you can report your sighting to a reputable organization or website that collects data on UFO sightings.

2. How do scientists investigate unidentified sightings?

Scientists investigate unidentified sightings by collecting and analyzing data. This can include eyewitness accounts, photos and videos, radar images, and physical evidence. The data is then examined to determine possible explanations for the sighting, such as natural or man-made phenomena. If no logical explanation can be found, further research may be conducted to gather more evidence and try to understand the phenomenon.

3. Are all unidentified sightings considered extraterrestrial?

No, not all unidentified sightings are considered extraterrestrial. While some sightings may be difficult to explain, they can often be attributed to natural or man-made phenomena such as weather balloons, aircraft, or optical illusions. Scientists approach each sighting with skepticism and try to find logical explanations before considering the possibility of extraterrestrial involvement.

4. How do scientists determine the validity of reported sightings?

Scientists use a variety of methods to determine the validity of reported sightings. This can include analyzing the credibility of eyewitness accounts, examining physical evidence, and conducting thorough investigations. Scientists also take into account any potential biases or factors that may have influenced the sighting, and use scientific principles and evidence-based reasoning to evaluate the validity of the reported sighting.

5. Why are some sightings considered to be hoaxes?

Some sightings are considered to be hoaxes because they are intentionally fabricated or exaggerated by individuals seeking attention or notoriety. These sightings often lack credible evidence and can be easily debunked by scientists. In some cases, sightings may also be misinterpreted or mistaken for something else, leading to false reports. Scientists carefully examine all available evidence to determine the credibility of a sighting before determining if it is a hoax.