What are the possible resistance values with only a 30Ω and 60Ω resistor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sebkl23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Law Ohm's law
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Sebkl23
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
1. Given only one 30Ω and one 60Ω, calculate all possible values of resistance that can be obtained.



2.I am not certain of which equation I should be using ... I never had other problems which gave only this information, usually the voltage is given or the current.



3. Here is my attempt but I strongly doubt it is right.
RS = R1 + R2
RS = 30Ω + 60Ω
RS = 90Ω
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: Consider how the resistors may be connected.
 
Think about different combinations that you can come up with these two resistors. Try to draw those combinations. That could help.