What Are the Post-Graduation Plans for the BA/BS Class of 2015?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lasymphonie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    2015 Class
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
lasymphonie
Messages
89
Reaction score
3
Thought I'd start a thread for those of us who'll graduate next year - it seems like most of the people who'll graduate this year have already figured out what they want to do after graduation.

I'm not sure how many of us there are, but are people thinking about graduate school or going into industry? Summer internship recruiting is starting and I'm really conflicted! I'd love to hear what other people are thinking of doing.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Industry for two years and then graduate school. I'm hoping to find a job that will offset the cost of graduate school. BS Nuclear Engineering
 
Depends on what gives me a better offer. I'm going to be a physics major BA so it's going to be tough landing a great job right after graduation. However, I'm aiming for industrial internships this summer to see if I can land a foot in the door that way.

I've always wanted to do grad school so that's happening regardless of whether I get a job after graduating or not. The question is just when - do I start right afterwards or work for a few years?
 
myranaira said:
Depends on what gives me a better offer. I'm going to be a physics major BA so it's going to be tough landing a great job right after graduation. However, I'm aiming for industrial internships this summer to see if I can land a foot in the door that way.

I've always wanted to do grad school so that's happening regardless of whether I get a job after graduating or not. The question is just when - do I start right afterwards or work for a few years?

What exactly do you want to do career wise. I think working a few years first will help determine that. My gf was so sure she wanted to go to law school after her sociology degree and she ended up getting a job offer. Long story short she is now getting an MBA because she doesn't want to go to law school and doesn't want to do what she does now
 
Myranaira, I'm sort of thinking the same thing (though I'm doing a very intensive physics program). Part of me really wants to go to grad school, but I'm not sure if I should try out a job first for a few years, especially because a lot of financial firms recruit at my university. If I went into finance for a few years though, I feel like I wouldn't necessarily go back, and I'm not sure what career path I'd prefer. I think physics, but the geographic flexibility of finance and the higher salaries are tempting...