What are the standard units for inertial mass and gravitational mass?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 11K views
LadiesMan
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
[SOLVED] What are the standard units for inertial mass and gravitational mass?

1. What are the standard units for inertial mass and gravitational mass? And also apparently gravitational mass can be measured without gravity how can it be done?

Thank you very much. My teacher said a hint is in the movie A space odysey 2001.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
i thnk gravitational mass is N/kg and inertial..I have no idea =(
 
LadiesMan said:
i thnk gravitational mass is N/kg and inertial..I have no idea =(

That would be incorrect. Its not a trick question. What units do you usually use for mass?
 
oh thank you =), so how can I determine the SI units for inertial mass?
 
What units do you use for mass in equations like F=ma?
 
oh also kilograms, so that means the inertial mass is in kilograms too?
 
LadiesMan said:
oh also kilograms, so that means the inertial mass is in kilograms too?

Yes that's right.