Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are the ways used for dealing with DNA Is it biologic ?

1. May 15, 2009 #1
    What are the ways used for proces DNA Is it a biological way or there are new ways of proces it
    on the molecular level (physical and chemical) and for the manufacture or injection of DNA within the cell (without the use of viruses or any old ways) ?

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2009 #2

alxm

Science Advisor

That's too general a question. There are far too many technologies and methods in use to detail all of them even generally. Just look up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotechnology" [Broken] on Wikipedia and start reading and following the links.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. May 17, 2009 #3
    i just can't write all technologies are Used now with DNA (CUT or Paste or delete some Sections of DNA) all technologies i know that use Biological methods (Enzymes or virus)
    but i think there are (physical and chemical) way to do that think like Inorganic complexes
    that used in Acids Amini

5. May 18, 2009 #4
    Hi Markone,

You can synthesize DNA base-by-base on a solid phase resin, though there are length limits. Yes, it can be microinjected into single cells.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook