What are the worst movies you've watched?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movies
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
90 replies · 11K views
loseyourname said:
Why? Because it's derivative on Greek mythology? Pretty much all of the classical western mythological traditions (including Greek) can be traced to Sumerian roots.
The Norse mythology is refreshingly original; you could probably find many parallells to other, older mythologies, but it certainly is as interesting as the Greek.

For example, the story of Odin pawning his eye because he craves the knowledge he can gain by drinking from Mimr's well is quite a striking image of ruthless/reckless knowledge/power-seeking..
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The fable of the ring of Gyges in Plato's Republic is quite a tale of ruthless power-grabbing.
 
loseyourname said:
The fable of the ring of Gyges in Plato's Republic is quite a tale of ruthless power-grabbing.
I never said that Greek myths were bad, just that Norse myths are at least as good..
 
arildno said:
Sounds positively horrid; where can I rent it?
I suspect you may find it in a badly lit, seedy underworld type video shop. I would NOT recommend it. It is bad. BAD, BAD, BAD ,BAD , BAD.

You'll probably lose several IQ points by watching. You've seen The Ring right? Where the person dies after watching the video? Ok, it's not extreme as that. You probably won't actually die but you will be scarred for the rest of your life.
 
Daminc said:
I suspect you may find it in a badly lit, seedy underworld type video shop. I would NOT recommend it. It is bad. BAD, BAD, BAD ,BAD , BAD.

You'll probably lose several IQ points by watching. You've seen The Ring right? Where the person dies after watching the video? Ok, it's not extreme as that. You probably won't actually die but you will be scarred for the rest of your life.
Actually I haven't seen The Ring, neither the japanese original or the dilated (diluted?) American rip-off.
Just as well, obviously.
 
Last edited:
arildno said:
When I think of it, it is O.B.'s abysmal performance in Troy that really makes the movie stink. Every scene with him is a complete disaster, and when that Kruger woman is thrown into the scene, the movie passes beyond the horrendous..
Oh yes. In some scenes when we were supposed to get upset as audience, I couldn't stop laughing! But Brad Pitt had a good performance in Troy! Although I can't stand him!
 
Lisa! said:
But Brad Pitt had a good performance in Troy! Although I can't stand him!
Not even his butt? :confused:
 
arildno said:
Not even his butt? :confused:


He seems to be too sure of himself. And his hair...
 
Has anyone seen "Universal Soldier" with Dolph Lundgren and J-C van Demme?
That one is really bad..
 
Lisa! said:
Haha...I saw your perivious post!
Eeh, umm..I thought it made me look lewd.. :blushing:
 
Anything with Michael Douglas are my least favorite, I don't like the movies he has chosen to be in.
 
"Falling down" wasn't a bad movie..
 
Maybe it wasn't bad, but I can't empathise with it. It just doesn't interest me -my opinion.
 
I remember he showed his butt in a movie once, too
 
fi said:
I remember he showed his butt in a movie once, too
Michael Douglas' butt?
 
Enough of that! arildno, you started first!
 
What about Kathy Bates' butt, then?
 
Have nice time with your hot discussion because I'm out of here!

Bye
 
She's not on my list of butts-I'd-most-like-to-see. Then again, its a pretty short list :biggrin:
 
worst movie I've ever seen:

Pumpkin'

Christina Ricci plays a cheerleader type chick who is guilted into volunteering to help with a group of handicapped kids and FALLS IN LOVE with an autistic kid named Pumpkin'

I couldn't even watch it all... and I ALWAYS watch the whole movie...

*retch*
 
Some of Jim Carry's movies are really boring and terrible!
 
Lisa! said:
Some of Jim Carry's movies are really boring and terrible!
Some?
Which are the good ones? The Mask?
 
arildno said:
Some?
Which are the good ones? The Mask?

No! Ace Venturafor example! and some of other silly movies that I can't remember.
I like 'Trueman show','dumb&dumber', and 'The mask'(alittle)! I've not watched 'The Majestic'!(I like its director)
 
I'm sorry, but to me, Jim Carrey will never be anything but a fifth-rate John Cleese.
 
arildno said:
I'm sorry, but to me, Jim Carrey will never be anything but a fifth-rate John Cleese.
No need to be sorry. I don't like him a lot.
 
Wasn't there a movie called Black hole or something and an evil genius had a space station about a hunnert yards from it and it never went anywhere? Bad.

ANYTHING with Dirt Clod Van Dammit, Keanu Reeves, Emilio Esteves, Stallone, or either of the Cusaks in it should have the original reels burned.

$.02