What are your desires/plans/goal for the upcoming year?

• Thread starter rewebster
  • Start date
finish electrical engineering degree
get a job
master a programming language

My goal is to remain employed while working for a company on the verge of bankruptcy in an industry that's spiraling downward to where what was once a high ticket, valued service, is a commodity to be shopped around.
So, the internet/communications industry is going down?

I had a tiny goal 6-8 months ago to make an easy path into stable industry and this has been successful but now I want something adventurous.

I'd like to get below 160 by December 31st. That's a long shot, though.

Lose 18 pounds.
Practice my fiddle every day.
I'd like to get below 160 by December 31st. That's a long shot, though.
Interesting that I want to get 130 lbs (60 kg). Currently I am at 119 (54 kg) I was 50 kg about five years ago. Need to gain 10 pounds.

Gather more experimental data for the manuscripts of two papers and send them for publication by end of Feb. Save money for a south-east aisa trip sometime in May.

Thanks dad for keeping me from going into science which was my dream.
you're a PF MENTOR!!! that's being into science!!

I'd bet GB and a few others would write letters of praise if you wanted to go back to grad school.

It's NEVER too late----

My goal is to 4.0 my spring semester, since it is my first at a real university. If I manage that, my next goal will 4.0 my fall semester.

I'm unimpressed with myself even after getting 4.0s my last few semesters at community college. To steal a Doug Stanhope line, that's like being the "prettiest Denny's waitress. Just because you're the best doesn't make you good."

Last edited:
I have some pretty hot business opportunities at hand with a major US company. My goal is to capitalize on these to the greatest extent possible. This may be the year that my retirement is set.
Algae?

(posted this once--maybe you didn't see it)