Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are your highlights of 2015?

1. Nov 21, 2015 #1
    as it is nearly the end of the year , thought we should start this thread so what has been everyone's favourite moments during the last year?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2015 #2
    I have various categories.

For me personally, I am glad that circumstances of my life have improved a bit. I am not so stressed out. Around April - May I felt that if the bad things continue I would end up in a psychiatric hospital. Luckily, things improved.
    My favourite memories of the year are from holiday in Italy :)
    Relationships- I've learned things about certain people I've known for a long time. Discovered we can not be friends any more. it was painful, but I am relieved now. Got to know many new people in the last year.
    art and hobbies- i've read quite a lot of books this year and learned some basic tunes on my new recorder :D

World issues: immigration crisis, terrorism

science- landing on comet

4. Nov 23, 2015 #3
    I got accepted to a top university in Canada!

It was awesome because I've been an underachiever all my life. In high school I had 50% average, failed math, English, did a victory lap just to fail some more. There was a huge turning point where I started to get into science and wanted to start a career in STEM. So I started doing the required courses, and a year later I'm in uni, dying from homework. :')

5. Nov 23, 2015 #4
    Falling in love with my girlfriend, achieving some major strength goals, buying my Jeep and taking it on trips to beautiful places, seeing tons of awesome shows. Overall it's been a good year I think.

6. Nov 23, 2015 #5
    One highlight this year is first, I'm in twelfth grade and easy as it may sound to some of you reading this, I'm finally so close to getting straight A's. It's almost the end of the trimester and I want to get it so badly. I've noticed myself slack a bit but I'm going to get back on track.

7. Nov 23, 2015 #6
    Rowing a raft down the Grand Canyon. It took three weeks.

8. Nov 23, 2015 #7
    That must've been fun. I can't swim so I'd be screwed and I don't trust life jackets because if I hit a rock, that life jacket isn't going to save me then.

9. Nov 23, 2015 #8
    The scenery is unearthly, unimaginable. The inner gorge is of very hard rock, narrow and steep. Not only that, all of the deepest strata are tilted 90 degrees.

The Little Colorado River was bright blue. Also unearthly.

10. Nov 24, 2015 #9
    My highlight was seeing my brother for the first time since his deployment, it was a huge surprise for our family! Another highlight is going back to school this year after some family issues, so glad to be in school.

11. Nov 24, 2015 #10
    Put on your helmet and make it rough in the streams please.

12. Nov 24, 2015 #11
    I discovered I am almost gay this year.

13. Nov 28, 2015 #12
    Flight School graduation was a pretty significant moment. One of the most significant of the year for sure.

14. Nov 28, 2015 #13
    What does that mean?

15. Nov 29, 2015 #14
    I am going to reach a full level of gayness.

16. Dec 1, 2015 #15

So close!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook