Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What can iPhone do with my physics?

1. Apr 28, 2010 #1
    Hi guys, I just got an Iphone from my dad.
    I am not a big fans of these sort of things, pretty much just a physics geek lol

Now I am thinking, besides I can watch some lecture videos or read some ebook from it,
    is there any software(things like MatLab) about physics available on iphone?

thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2010 #2
    You have a limited Matlab version for that platform, just search Itunes. Also, Wolfram Alpha has an online based app and for more specific programming you could try out the "codepad" site on safari (just google it).

There could be more physics related stuff, but it really depends on what you want to do.

4. Jun 15, 2010 #3
    Physics was one of the few subjects in college we didn't fail (with English, Math, Philosophy, Psychology and Philosophy rounding out the list of ones we did), so we take exceptional interest in this iPhysics game. Just use your finger to create new objects that you can fling around inside your iPhone/iTouch using the game's built-in physics engine. It's no ragdoll getting hit in the nuts (one of my college programming projects), but it'll pass the time on the can. [Installerapps]

5. Jun 15, 2010 #4
    Spacetime is a nice graphics calculator with symbolics for the iPhone and iPod touch. Price wasn't bad at about $20 when I bought it. Animated plotting (4D) is impressive and very easy to use.

6. Jun 17, 2010 #5
    This might be a bit more on the math side of things, but there's a pretty nice little cheat sheet of LaTeX symbols out there.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook