Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What can neutrinos tell us about time?

1. Nov 20, 2009 #1
    What can Neutrinos tell us about time?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2009 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Why are you asking this about neutrinos instead of some other particle? What do you think is special about neutrinos in this respect?

4. Nov 20, 2009 #3
    You tell me. I am curious in ICECUBE observatories relation to our knowledge of time.

5. Nov 20, 2009 #4
    Is any one able to make a connection here?

6. Nov 20, 2009 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I don't think anybody understands the question.

JTBell asked a good question. Had you asked "What can pancakes tell us about time?" or "What can gym shoes tell us about time?" we'd be equally perplexed.

7. Nov 20, 2009 #6
    Haha, perhaps it is a bad question. I am producing a show on time and was curious if the Icecube observatory would reveal anything that would help us understand the fundamental nature of time.

For example, CMB helps us gain a clearer picture of the early universe and big bang. Which i turn, helps us understand some of the questions about time better. Did time have a beginning? & Why does time unfold in one direction?

Just curious if knowing more about neutrinos from the Icecube observatory's studies would shine a similar light on the issue.

Thanks Again,

8. Nov 22, 2009 #7
    nah these neutrinos are related to high-energy processes in cosmos, such as AGN, SN etc.

http://www.isv.uu.se/IceCube/science.php [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook