What Causes Hunger Headaches and Are They Detrimental?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter mktsgm
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
mktsgm
Messages
151
Reaction score
22
When we skip meals or when we are fasting initially we experience headaches. What causes it?

Why such headaches recede after some time on its own, even if we have not taken any food in response.

Are such headaches detrimental?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Please post approved sources. I skip meals regularly and never have headaches.
 
mktsgm said:
When we skip meals or when we are fasting initially we experience headaches.
Whose is we?
Not every one will experience a headache, as per Eva's testament.

It could be a withdrawal symptom, low sugar in the blood, stress factors.

Have you looked up headaches from fasting, headaches from being hungry, or not eating?
That would give you some clues for your case.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Evo
This is not my area. However you appear to have an atypical response to fasting. I would consider this a medical question for a medically qualified professional. We cannot do that kind of diagnosis here.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Evo
I simply assumed everyone would suffer headaches, if they fast. Though I didn't get the answer, I came to know not everyone gets a headache of they skip meals. Thanks.
 
You should check with your doctor before you fast, perhaps get your blood checked to make sure everything is normal first. With that, thread is closed.