1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What changes does human body exert when it enters a room ?

1. Jun 28, 2015 #1
    I am making home automation model and I have few sensors installed to sense some changes in the environment to detect any changes. So these sensors provide me data , but I want to know what changes does Human body exerts on the environment it enters, so that I can install those sensors which capture these changes.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2015 #2
    You obviously need cameras, and at least one should be able to register infra red since that will still be be visible even when there is no ambient light.
    Sensors for detecting sound and also subsonic vibration would help.
    There are quite a lot of other possible sensors, you could use some kind of radar for one, but I doubt that would be justifiable economically for most real-life practical systems.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  4. Jun 28, 2015 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF.

Beyond dissipating about 70w and generating some CO2, not much.

5. Jun 28, 2015 #4

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Do you want to capture the changes that humans create or just detect humans in the room?

If it's the latter then I've found some types of PIR sensors to be very reliable (eg The Quad series of sensors from Visonic). Some alarm systems use pressure sensitive floor mats to detect people.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook