What Costs More the More You Buy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Russell Berty
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
Russell Berty
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
One will cost you $.25.
Fifty will cost you $.50.
One hundred will cost you $.75.

What is for sale?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Point your mouse at the white bar find out.

PEZ?
 
turbo-1 said:
It's an old puzzle and very simple. Cristo is right but not sufficiently specific. Where do you live?

Doh! Thanks turbo.
 
Russell Berty said:
One will cost you $.25.
Fifty will cost you $.50.
One hundred will cost you $.75.

What is for sale?



Hey! I see that the answer has been given but just for fun I'd be curious to see what someone thinks about my answer - always like to see how people look at things differently...
-

I normalized all the numbers based on what was given above (given numbers are underlined/bolded) to find out the price of 1 unit for each item listed
1/ 50 / 100
$.25 / $12.5/ $25
$.01 /$.50 / $1
$.0075 / $.375 / $.75


My assumption was that

on sale meant "available for purchase at the lowest price"

I said the third item was "on sale" because it has the lowest unit price of $.0075 for 1.
what do you think?