What Could Have Saved the Titanic from Sinking: A Scientific Analysis

In summary, Nicky struggled with coming up with an interesting topic for her science assignment, and is looking for advice on what to do.
  • #1
Nicky Hollyoake
4
0

Homework Statement


I'm starting on 2 assignments which is Science and Physics and I have to come up with a theme/practical investigation to talk about on my chosen topics.

Homework Equations


What is an interesting topic to talk about which I can gather a lot of information on? I have chosen Atoms for Science and sound waves for Physics.

The Attempt at a Solution


I thought of questions such as "If nobody is looking at something then does it exist?" but I'm really not sure how far I can go on that with information.

I'm not asking for anyone to help me with my assignments so I'm hoping to just get some advice.

- Nicky
 
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2
Nicky Hollyoake said:

Homework Statement


I'm starting on 2 assignments which is Science and Physics and I have to come up with a theme/practical investigation to talk about on my chosen topics.

Homework Equations


What is an interesting topic to talk about which I can gather a lot of information on? I have chosen Atoms for Science and sound waves for Physics.

The Attempt at a Solution


I thought of questions such as "If nobody is looking at something then does it exist?" but I'm really not sure how far I can go on that with information.

I'm not asking for anyone to help me with my assignments so I'm hoping to just get some advice.

- Nicky
Welcome to the PF.

The questions you have proposed are very advanced -- can you propose some topics that are more appropriate for your level of schooling? :smile:
 
  • #3
berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

The questions you have proposed are very advanced -- can you propose some topics that are more appropriate for your level of schooling? :smile:

I'm sure I'll be fine as these topics are unavoidable with the course I'm on. I would appreciate help on some questions only, thank you.
 
  • #4
Nicky Hollyoake said:
I'm sure I'll be fine as these topics are unavoidable with the course I'm on. I would appreciate help on some questions only, thank you.
For this assignment, it would help us to know what your level in school is. :smile:
 
  • #5
Nicky Hollyoake said:
I thought of questions such as "If nobody is looking at something then does it exist?" but I'm really not sure how far I can go on that with information.
For example, this would involve upper-division college and graduate school-level Physics discussions. Is that where you are in your schooling right now?
 
  • #6
berkeman said:
For example, this would involve upper-division college and graduate school-level Physics discussions. Is that where you are in your schooling right now?

Sorry it's taken me to reply and I've thought of the topics I am going to talk about which is the Titanic and what we could of done to avoid 1500+ from dying.

The criteria is in attachment but I've got a question if I was too use the material and say like if we used like Titanium or something as such what subject would I be looking at too prove that it would of probably change things? Would I just go ahead at looking at the material properties?

Sorry that my grammar isn't that great and if you need anything rephrasing I'd be happy too.

Nicky
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20160214-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20160214-WA0004.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 408
  • #7
1. Homework Statement
Ok, I've opened up a post before but people were confused on what I was trying to achieve. I'm doing a science assignment and it asks the question "What if the Titanic was made of Titanium, would it have still sunk?"

2. Homework Equations
I've got things wrote down but it's really bad ans struggling on words to find, could anyone read throughmy pathetic attempt and give me some advice on where to go next,

3. The Attempt at a Solution
Oh you'll definitely see my attempt, hah.

-Nicky

Was deleted for double posting, so copied and pasted here.
 

Attachments

  • Science Assignment.docx
    203.5 KB · Views: 166

Related to What Could Have Saved the Titanic from Sinking: A Scientific Analysis

What is the purpose of a Physics and Science assignment?

The purpose of a Physics and Science assignment is to help students understand and apply the concepts and principles of physics and science in real-world situations. It allows students to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as reinforce their understanding of the subject matter.

What topics are typically covered in a Physics and Science assignment?

Physics and Science assignments can cover a wide range of topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and atomic and nuclear physics. They may also involve conducting experiments, analyzing data, and interpreting results.

How should I approach a Physics and Science assignment?

The best way to approach a Physics and Science assignment is to first read and understand the instructions carefully. Then, review your notes and textbook to refresh your understanding of the topic. If needed, seek help from your teacher or classmates. It is also helpful to break down the assignment into smaller, manageable tasks and set a timeline for completion.

What resources can I use to complete a Physics and Science assignment?

In addition to your textbook and class notes, you can use online resources such as educational websites, videos, and simulations to supplement your understanding of the topic. You can also consult with your teacher or visit the school library for additional resources.

How important is it to show all the steps in a Physics and Science assignment?

It is crucial to show all the steps in a Physics and Science assignment as it not only helps you understand the concept better, but it also allows your teacher to see your thought process and provide feedback. Additionally, showing all the steps can help you avoid making mistakes and receive full credit for your work.

Similar threads

  • STEM Academic Advising
Replies
21
Views
1K
Replies
14
Views
1K
Replies
63
Views
3K
  • New Member Introductions
Replies
1
Views
172
Replies
1
Views
118
Replies
1
Views
430
  • STEM Academic Advising
Replies
15
Views
1K
Replies
4
Views
96
Replies
4
Views
106
Replies
1
Views
662
Back
Top